Collage

Collage

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Nogales. The Beginning

*Received Monday, September 21, 2015

Hola familia y amigos.

This is my first week out in the mission field. And let me just tell ya. It is rough! It is a whole different experience than the MTC. Because this is the real world now. No more Mormon Utah, or Missionary MTC. I am among the people. It is fun. 

I sent some pictures of my house in my last email. I hope you got to see them. It is tiny. It is a 1 bed room, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen house. But for a missionary, i guess it is awesome. I am really happy here, and i could live in this house for 2 years.

The language here doesn't even sound like Spanish sometimes.... They speak sooooo fast. I have been praying for the gift of tongues every single day, and it is coming.... but very slowly.

My main investigators are Monica and Fernando. Monica is married to a member. and the best thing about them, is that they speak English!!! Monica speaks both fluently, and her husband, Mattew doesn't speak it at all. So, we got to have a full lesson in English and I could understand what was going on. Anyways, she is almost ready for baptism. she just needs to receive the green light from God. She thinks it is right, but she isn't 100% sure yet. Fernando has a baptismal date. October 3rd. So, I guess that will count as my first? Even though we've only taught him once. But he is a good guy. He is 19. He is ready.

My trainer is great. He is the perfect trainer for me. He speaks fluent Spanish. BUT he is from Utah, and is English as well. He has helped me a lot and hasn't even complained that he speaks 95% of the time to the people in the street. He has 11 months in his mission. So, he is about halfway done. It is crazy.

This is all for this week. Keep working hard. I love you all!!! The church is true.

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Keele

Picture. My bathroom


No comments:

Post a Comment