Collage

Collage

Thursday, August 27, 2015

3rd!!!

HOLA FAMILIA AND AMIGOS!

This week has been pretty crazy. I've done a lot and seen a lot. But I'm awful at explaining things, sooooooooo. Here we go. 

First of all, sorry for the day late email update. I had to go to something called Migration so that I can stay in mexico for 2 years. It was a 2 hour drive there, 2 hour wait for everyone to finish, then a 3 hour drive back. The drive back was super long because of a political campaign going on for Gustavo A. Madero. There were a bunch of people there and we had to do like 3 big circles around the city to get around the people. That is the picture of the PT flag. It means the Partido del Trabajo, which i think means, Working party. So, that was cool. but also, there were like 150 policemen with riot shields everywhere, because about a half mile down the road, the opposing political party was doing a huge campaign as well. It was awesome. 


My Spanish has been growing slowly, but surely. I can talk pretty darn well, but my listening to Spanish is awful. I don't understand 70% of the things that the Latinos say to me. But hopefully one day my ears will be able to understand anything that they are saying. This also makes lesson difficult sometimes. Especially when I ask them a question and they respond, or ask me a question, then i just kind of stare at them blankly until my companion says something or I may have to ask them to repeat what they said. But i have realized that when i can understand the most is when the spirit is there, and i am speaking with the spirit. So, the gift of tongues is real and also the spirit is someone that can really help out. 

This week we got a special experience. We got to listen to an apostle of God speak to us in our little auditorium. It was D. Todd Christofferson. He is an amazing man. He came and talked to us for about 20 minutes, then for the rest of the time he had he did a question and answer thing. I learned a lot from him answering questions with us. It is amazing the things that you can feel and know when you are in the same room as an apostle. He talked a lot during one of the questions about being humble. You can pray for humility, and God will help you with the thing you need. It really helps when a leader you have isn't helping you or you feel like you can do more than a leader you have on a mission. It also was saying how to be a good and humble leader. It seemed pretty simple to me. BE LIKE JESUS!! Jesus was very loving and he legit loved every single person, but he also wasn't afraid to be direct when he needed to be. He told people how it was in the most direct and loving way possible. I love Him. If you get the chance, read about Him in Matt, Mark, Luke, and John. I have grown so much just learning about Him. He is awesome.

On Sunday, we had another awesome devotional. And this time it was from Jeffery R. Holland. It was a very powerful, as Holland usually is. He was yelling at us, while also making us laugh, and also making us feel like we have to work harder. Which we do. It is the latter days. Jesus is coming soon. He told us that we have to be better missionaries than ever before. better than him and also better than all the missionaries to ever live. That made everyone feel a little scared. but he knows we can do it. He made sure to tell us to convert ourselves, then work our tails off until someone tells us to go home. That was a good thing for me to learn.

The food here is really good. I enjoy eating it. even if it makes my stomach hurt a little bit. But if anything ever looks kind of gross, they always have a thing full of frosted flakes for me to eat. But sadly, everybody loves the frosted flakes..... So, they will literally run out in about 2 meals, and they have to fill them up again. 

The missionary that i am sending a picture home of is freaking awesome. He did basically everything in his life. He is 25 and he has graduated from college with a degree in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. He ran cross country for his college in Illinois,where he lives. and he played volleyball in college and also soccer for his college and squash for his college. He is pretty freaking awesome. But the funniest and best thing about him, is that he used to be a model. He got payed bank to be a model. He payed off his entire college tuition, and bought a brand new car. IN CASH! HE has had a pretty sweet childhood too. I just wanted to include him in my letter home because 1. He is freaking awesome. 2. He is my roommate. 3. He is pretty freaking hawt. So, have fun looking at the pics.

You guys rock. Thank you for the prayers and emails. I love you guys. Stay classy. Make the gospel important in you life. and Stay strong and work for things. It is worth the effort. 

Love, 
Elder Keele

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment