Collage

Collage

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2nd one of Many!

Hello Familia and Amigos.

This week has gone by super fast and slow at the same time. It is hard to explain, but i feel as if i have been here for 2 months, and also for 4 days at the same time. But next time i write you, I will be halfway done with the CCM!! That is something that I don't think i'm ready for. But the Lord will definitely be there for and with me. I love him.

For my Jon Bellion People, sorry if it is mis-spelled. I was using the bathroom one day and I heard someone singing the trumpet part to luxury. and so I obviously sung it back. So, now i have a Jon pal. It is Elder Viera. He is a freaking awesome kid. We talk about music and Jon all the time. I love it. Plus his voice is amazing. so, I just let him sing the whole time.. 

The food has hit me hard here...... I have been going to the bathroom a solid 6 times a day... but I wont stop eating the beans.. they are soo good. And i just love all of the Mexican food that they serve us. Like every Tuesday dinner is Costco Pizza night and we have had Hamburgers twice this week. THEY ARE SO GOOD! but really they serve some yummy things.

i forgot to say this before, but i got a package from this place called missionarypackage.com. They just sent me something to share with the district, and i advertised for them.. That's weird, but also you can send me stuff from there. Like if you want... whatever..



I know that the gift of tongues is a real thing here. Right after i wrote my letter last week, we taught a lesson to Rosa, and before i had prayed SOOO hard to be able to understand her. And it was probably the best lesson that i have had so far in the CCM. I loved it. I asked questions, responded to her responses. Me and Elder Butler killed it. But we have been teaching about everyday now, and our lessons are pretty good. Except when Elder Butler messed up the first vision so bad, and i swooped in and killed it from memory. You can just say that my memorized Spanish sentences and scriptures are awesome.

The mexico city temple is being rededicated in September. So they started having the open house for it. and I got to attend it this morning and it was awesome. I miss doing endowments all the time, and i definitely took for granted having a temple within 15 minutes. It takes about 45 minutes to get from the temple from here and they are in the same city. It's nuts. But because of the re-dedication, we get to see an apostle here. D. Todd Christopherson is coming here a week from today and i am so excited to see and listen to an apostle talk to the missionaries... ME! So, that is cool. I am definitely going to try and get a Squad pic with Todd. 



I'm already running out of time this week but i need to tell you guys this. David A Bednar is my favorite apostle. His talks are amazing. He is direct, but in being direct he is nice. We watched a video from a MTC devotional a few years ago, and it was about the Characteristic of Christ. The exact thing that I have been studying. It was amazing. Basically the main message of his talk was turn outward when the natural man would turn inward. It was amazing. So, I'll officially leave you with this. Christ did things without even thinking about it. Like the way that he served. He didn't think about what he would receive because of it. even though we do get blessings. don't make blessings the reason we serve. TURN OUTWARDS!!! 

LOVE YOU GUYS! I'LL TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment